What is a “soul sister?”
According to Urban Dictionary, a soul sister is a woman who fully understands you—but you do not wish to marry her or have babies with her.
Here’s 10 signs that you are already enjoying the friendship of a soul sister:
1. You just knew the day you met this person that life as you knew it would never be the same—in a good way.
2. You realised that you could trust her with your life, and this trust deepened with time.
3. You fill each other up from the inside out—the way your favourite food nurtures you, only better.
4. You wish she could take the place of your birth sister, or that she could be your birth sister (if you don’t have one).
5. You begin calling each other sisters even though everybody else around you knows you are not really related.
6. You inspire each other to be the best versions of who you can be, encourage each other to reach for the stars, and want to be there to cushion any falls.
7. You pick up on each other’s subtle spiritual transformations like dietary preferences, ways you spend your free time, and how you like to dress.
8. You start to develop this telepathic understanding of each other, such as completing each other’s sentences or exchanging looks from across the room with the other recognising exactly what you meant.
9. You miss each other incredibly when too much time has passed since the last meeting, and would go through great lengths to meet.
10. She experiences the exact same nine points above.
Simply put, she is a woman friend who tends to the needs of your soul. She speaks to your innermost desires, holds you at your grandest vision of your life, and has your back—as you do for her.
May you find your tribe of soul sisters.
Author: Martha Tara Lee
Editor: Leah Sugerman
Copy Editor: Nicole Cameron
Social Editor: Taia Butler
Source: Elephant Journal