- How Jane and Lenora came together and ended up researching and writing about procrastination
- The research on procrastination that was available back in 1983 when the book was first written
- Why procrastination isn’t always a problem
- The serious consequences that can arise from chronic procrastination
- How procrastination and perfectionism are actually related
- The different between just tabling something and procrastination
- The self-perpetuating cycle of procrastination
- The 3 fears that ultimately drive procrastination
- Why would anyone be afraid of success? How does that perpetuate procrastination?
- Executive functioning in the brain and procrastination
- Subjective time vs. objective time — how people experience time differently
- The compartmentalization of procrastination
- Why basic time management and goal-setting techniques don’t necessarily work with procrastinators
- Why self-compassion tends to work better than self-criticism
- Concrete tips on finally slaying the procrastination beast
- Why you need to give yourself permission to do bad work
Resources/People/Articles Mentioned in Podcast
- How to Quit Surfing the Internet and Actually Get Stuff Done
- Get More Done With the Rule of 3
- Podcast: Building Your Self-Discipline
- 10 Overlooked Truths About Action
- Taking Advantage of the Unique Powers of the Twentysomething Brain
- Track Your Time to Get More Done
- 116 Meditations on the Wisdom of Action
- How to Create Habits That Stick
Procrastination is filled with great insights on why we procrastinate, but more importantly provides actionable steps beyond just to-do lists to help you beat your procrastination habit.
Listen to the Podcast! (And don’t forget to leave us a review!)
Mack Weldon. Their underwear and undershirts are second to none. If you don’t like your first pair, you can keep it, and they will still refund you. No questions asked. Go to MackWeldon.com and get 20% off your purchase using the promo code MANLINESS.
Indochino offers custom, made-to-measure suits at an affordable price. They’re offering any premium suit for just $329 during their huge Black Friday sale. That’s up to 60% off. To claim your discount go to Indochino.com and enter discount code MANLINESS at checkout. Plus, shipping is free.
Recorded with ClearCast.io.
Read the Transcript
Source: Art of Manliness